Can you get our compelling content seen across the French-speaking world? This could be your ideal role.
Want to work at home but be read all over the French-speaking world? Do you want the challenge of making sure our French language content stands out from the crowd? If so, this could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative French Language Editor based in the UK to join our hugely successful, award-winning digital publishing company and help grow our audience in French-speaking markets in Europe and internationally. We produce engaging editorial across a variety of subjects including money, travel, food and drink, and property.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Fluency in French and a knowledge of the differences between the different types of French spoken around the world;
- The ability to manage your and your team’s workflows to meet a busy schedule;
- The ability to write engaging, accurate headlines in French and marry them with eye-catching images across various subjects;
- Fast, accurate translating with flair from English into French and the ability to localise content for French speakers in different countries;
- A keen interest in the subject matter areas we cover;
- An excellent news instinct and understanding of current affairs and popular culture in the French-speaking world;
- Knowledge of current media legislation, especially libel and copyright law;
- A self-starting, motivated attitude;
- The ability to work in a busy and challenging environment.
The role will require you to perform the following tasks:
- Selecting content for translation using a combination of performance metrics (training will be provided), liaison with site editors and knowledge of what will appeal to French language audiences in order to achieve agreed pageview targets;
- Managing a syndication schedule for French markets;
- Recruiting and commissioning freelance French translators;
- Translating and editing content to ensure it is clean and free of errors and compelling to read;
- Uploading translations into CMS, changing images where appropriate and delivering to partners via feeds (training will be provided);
- Keeping up-to-date records of translated content that has been sent and its performance (training will be provided);
- Reporting back to senior management on French language performance and learnings that might be applicable to the rest of the business;
- Sending emails and other communication/liaison with partner editors as required;
- Any other duties that might reasonably be required.
The role will predominately be home-based although will occasionally require travel to London.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus a discretionary performance-based bonus scheme and excellent benefits including 30 days’ annual leave.
Love Inc is an established, expanding UK digital lifestyle publishing company with a global focus. Our brands include loveMONEY, loveFOOD, loveEXPLORING and lovePROPERTY.
Love Inc is an equal opportunities employer. We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people. We aspire to deliver inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve. We actively encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please include a detailed cover letter telling us why you think you are a good fit for the French Language Editor role.
Please also send any relevant work samples and select three photo gallery stories from across our subject areas that you believe would be attractive to readers in French language markets. Please give them an eye-catching headline in French, explain if you would change the image for a French-speaking audience and if so why, and include a short summary why you think they would be successful. These can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.
You can see more examples of the topics we cover at
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and your salary expectations.
Applications without all of the above elements will not be considered.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Please send your application to Simon Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 18 February 2024
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature