One lucky loveEXPLORING reader and their guest could win a relaxing stay with spa, afternoon tea and dinner included at the stunning Horwood House in Buckinghamshire. Read on to enter the competition below.
Nestled in the rural tranquillity of the Buckinghamshire countryside and within easy access of top attractions like Woburn Safari Park and Bicester Village, the stunning Grade II-listed Horwood House combines heritage and comfort to ensure a perfect stay for even the most discerning of travellers. Built in 1911, the hotel’s Manor House and expansive grounds blend classic styling with modern luxury to offer a stay with wow-factor, with resplendent lounges, picturesque gardens, modern British dining and 165 beautiful bedrooms.
Courtesy of Horwood House
Once the birthplace of renowned TV gardener Percy Thrower, the hotel is nearing completion on a comprehensive £6 million refurbishment that's seen every detail lovingly restored to showcase and celebrate the building’s original features.
Horwood House is offering one lucky reader and their guest a chance to spend the night in a Deluxe bedroom with a hearty breakfast included. What's more, the winner and guest will also have access to H Spa facilities and can enjoy a complimentary 50-minute treatment. Expect fizz on arrival and a robe and slippers will be provided too. There's also a surprise spa gift awaiting the winner as well as £10 credit to spend on the day. And don't worry about going hungry – there's afternoon tea to be enjoyed after your arrival while £30 allocation per person is available to spend at the fantastic on-site restaurant Harry's Bar and Kitchen. See T&Cs below for more details.
About Horwood House
Combining classic comfort with modern touches and wonderful views of the grounds, each room provides a sanctuary for relaxation and rejuvenation after an event or a day of sightseeing and leisure activities. And with a number of adjoining rooms and dog-friendly options, Horwood House has rooms perfect for families, couples, groups and pooches to stay in style. All rooms come equipped with en suite bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities and complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi.
Courtesy of Horwood House
The hotel also welcomes guests to its brand new H Spa. Whether you’re looking for a dose of me-time or a chance to unwind with friends or family, the boutique spa at Horwood House offers the perfect escape from the stresses and strains of everyday life. Ultra-modern facilities include a 49-foot (15m) heated swimming pool complete with poolside tranquillity heated beds, detoxifying sauna, cleansing steam room and six beautiful deluxe treatment rooms as well as a fully equipped gym.
H Spa’s menu of blissful facial and body treatments, using Caudalie natural skin and spa products, is designed to satisfy the senses, ease aching muscles and leave you looking and feeling divine.
Courtesy of Horwood House
What’s to eat?
Dining at Harry’s Bar & Kitchen champions British cuisine with a seasonally led menu that puts the spotlight on locally sourced and quality ingredients, carefully curated by the hotel’s executive chef Will Dimartino.
Courtesy of Horwood House
Dishes change regularly according to what’s best in season and availability of local produce, but sample dishes include starters such as ember cooked leeks served with romesco sauce and honey roasted hazelnuts, or the hot smoked salmon fishcake which comes with fennel jam and herb aioli. Main courses are a masterclass in meat-cookery, with a focus on grill dishes that might include aged sirloin and ribeye steaks, grilled tiger prawn skewer or teriyaki salmon, as well as comforting classics such as ale-battered cod and chips or the signature Harry’s Burger.
How to enter
Complete the form below by 23.59 GMT on 9 October 2022. If you can’t see the form click here to open it.
Terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter or Horwood House and their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 9 October 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter fill out the form on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 23 October 2022. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize includes:
- One night’s accommodation in a Deluxe bedroom
- Welcome glass of fizz on arrival in the spa
- Use of H Spa facilities from 12 noon to 11am check out, bedroom check in is from 3pm
- 50-minute treatment
- For your comfort, a robe and slippers will be provided
- Afternoon Tea
- £30 allocation per head to spend for dinner in Harry’s Bar and Kitchen
- A full and hearty breakfast the following morning
- £10 credit to spend on the day towards products
- Spa Gift
The prize can only be redeemed Monday to Friday, to be booked in advance and is valid for 12 months, subject to availability and excludes bank holidays. Travel to and from Horwood House is not included in the prize. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered Prize winner must be over 18 years of age. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
8. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified via email by 23 October 2022. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter and Horwood House a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Love Incorporated.
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Lead image: Courtesy of Horwood House
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature