Win a night's stay, afternoon tea in the Zen Garden and two-hour spa pass at Careys Manor & SenSpa, a heritage hotel in the New Forest. Read on then enter our competition below.
Nestled in the tranquil New Forest National Park, Careys Manor & SenSpa is a historic countryside bolthole with superb food, luxurious rooms and an award-winning spa. We can’t think of a more perfect setting in which to enjoy the long summer evenings.
This characterful hotel offers a choice between charming rooms set in an 18th-century manor, complete with lofty ceilings and cosy fireplaces, or contemporary Garden Rooms which overlook the stunning grounds.
Superior Oakwood Room (courtesy of Careys Manor & SenSpa)
But the real star of the show is the 22,000-square-foot (2,044sq m) Thai-inspired SenSpa. Here, you’ll find an extensive range of facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, four thermal rooms, saunas and 18 private treatment rooms.
One lucky loveEXPLORING.com reader and their guest will enjoy a night's stay in a superior Oakwood Room, plus a Thai afternoon tea in the Zen Garden, a Forest breakfast and a two-hour spa pass.
The winner's stay will be available Monday to Thursday. See T&Cs below for more details.
About Careys Manor & SenSpa
Located in Brockenhurst – just an hour and a half on the train from London – Careys Manor started life as a royal hunting lodge in the late-17th century (the present house dates back to 1888).
The opulent SenSpa aims to combine eastern and western wellness practices within a range of tranquil spaces, from the mosaic-clad steam rooms and saunas to the pool overlooking the Zen garden.
Courtesy of Careys Manor & SenSpa
As well as the Manor and Garden rooms, there are four decadent suites complete with unique decor and spacious living areas, plus a gorgeous self-catering cottage for up to seven guests.
What’s to eat?
There are three brilliant restaurants at Careys Manor. At Cambium, you’ll find seasonally-inspired menus created by head chef Alistair Craig, with a focus on modern British flavours and local ingredients.
Courtesy of Careys Manor & SenSpa
Meanwhile at Zen Garden, the emphasis is on authentic Thai cuisine, including time-honoured favourites as well as dishes inspired by classic Thai street food. The setting is just as tranquil as you’d expect: it’s all bamboo ceilings and natural furnishings, with floor-to-ceiling windows to gaze out at gorgeous grounds.
This is also where the Thai afternoon tea is served. Included on the menu are a range of savoury (spring rolls, prawn toasts, grilled beef with tamarind dressing) and sweet (pineapple carpaccio, banana fritters, coconut sorbet) snacks, which aim to showcase the rich variety of modern Thai cuisine.
Last but not least is Le Blaireau, a quirky restaurant where you can enjoy classic French dishes alongside a brilliant selection of wines.
What to see
Located in Brockenhurst, the New Forest’s largest village, Careys Manor is the perfect base for exploring all that the New Forest National Park has to offer.
Don’t miss a trip to nearby Beaulieu to check out the world-class National Motor Museum, which is set in the historic Palace House overlooking the Beaulieu River Millpond.
Palace House at Beaulieu (Adrian Baker/Shutterstock)
There are plenty of brilliant walks within easy reach too, so bring your walking boots and look out for New Forest ponies, deer and even the odd farm animal roaming the streets.
For more tips on what to see and do in the New Forest, check out our award-winning full guide to the region.
How to enter
Complete the form below by 23.59 GMT on 13 July 2022. If you can’t see the form click here to open it.
Terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter or Careys Manor & SenSpa and their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 GMT on 13 July 2022. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter fill out the form on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 20th July 2022. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize includes a nights’ stay at Careys Manor & SenSpa including dinner and breakfast for two. The prize is issued in the form of a voucher, which is valid for 18 months from issue and for Monday to Thursday stays excluding Easter, Christmas, New Year and the months of June, July, August and September inclusive. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter. Blackout dates apply and bookings are subject to availability. The prize does not include travel to Careys Manor & SenSpa or the cost of any visas. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
8. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
9. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified via email by 20th July 2022. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
11. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
12. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
13. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter and Careys Manor & SenSpa a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
14. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter is Love Incorporated.
17. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Lead image: Courtesy of Careys Manor & SenSpa
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature