One lucky loveEXPLORING reader and their guest will win a chic city stay on England's south coast. Scroll down to learn more and enter…
One of the country’s top Mauritian restaurants, world-class museums and an intriguing 800-year history – Southampton is a city with a few surprises up its sleeve.
That’s why this month we’ve teamed up with Visit Southampton and room2, the world's first hometel, to offer one loveEXPLORING reader and their guest the chance to experience this splendid city for themselves.
Best known as the starting point for cruises, there are many more reasons to stay and linger in this waterfront metropolis for a weekend or midweek break.
Join a walking tour around the historic centre, get onboard Britain’s largest working steamship or even take to the harbour’s waters and give stand-up paddleboarding a go.
Or for something more sedate, why not book one of the city’s top-notch places such as The Grand Café for a sophisticated afternoon tea?
The winner will stay at the self-catering hometel room2 Southampton in a stylish loft room. Located in the heart of the city, room2 offers views over Queen’s Park and the harbour.
A true home from home, room2 is a place to live rather than stay with amenities including king-sized beds, a fully-equipped kitchen and plenty of space.
Guests can relax in the Living Room – the on-site coffee and cocktail bar – and you'll also find a studio gym, laundry room and a well-stocked pantry with drinks and snacks.
Perfect for families, Peppa Pig World is just a 30-minute drive away while the fabulous West Quay Shopping Centre is only five minutes by car or taxi, or under 15 minutes on foot.
Four-legged family members needn't miss out either as room2 is a dog-friendly stay. Plus the prize is valid for 12 months from issue.
But if you can't wait, then book yourself on the Explorer Package today.
Fill out the form below by 23.59 BST on Friday 18 June (don't forget to press 'done' at the end). If you can’t see the form click here and it will open in a new window.
Terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, Visit Southampton, room2 Southampton and their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 18 June 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter fill out the form on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 25 June 2021. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize includes a two-night stay at room2 Southampton in a loft room, plus a walking tour. Valid for 12 months from issue. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter. Blackout dates apply and bookings are subject to availability. The prize does not include travel to room2 Southampton or the cost of any visas. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
8. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
9. The winner must not travel if they have any coronavirus symptoms, see the NHS for more details.
10. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be notified via email by 28 June 2021. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
12. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post-event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
14. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter, room2 Southampton and Visit Southampton a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
15. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
16. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter is Love Incorporated, 36 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8AE.
18. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature