We've teamed up with the charming Tudor Farmhouse Hotel in the heart of the Forest of Dean to offer one lucky loveEXPLORING reader and a guest a two-night break with dinner, worth £678. Read on and enter below.
There's nothing quite like having a break to look forward to and what better way to welcome the return of holidays than with a charming getaway in the picturesque Forest of Dean.
That’s why we’ve teamed up with Tudor Farmhouse to offer a two-night break with dinner at this boutique hotel, where the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley meet.
Located in Clearwell, a 40-minute drive from Gloucester, Tudor Farmhouse is set on 14 gorgeous acres of land in a converted farmhouse from the 13th century.
There are 20 chic bedrooms with unique features, like exposed stonework and ancient beams. The lucky winner will rest in either a Cockerel Room or Suite, both of which have spacious and beautifully decorated interiors, luxurious roll-top baths and monsoon showers.
Guests can count on a particularly restful sleep here as all beds are equipped with pocket spring mattresses, duck feather pillows and duvets and 300 thread count linen sheets.
Our winner can claim a two-night break in a Cockerel Room or Suite from Sunday to Thursday to be taken by 23 December 2021 (subject to availability) for two adults (valued at £678).
The stay in this stunning boutique hotel will also include breakfast both mornings and one three-course dinner from the main menu at the hotel restaurant (drinks not included).
What’s to eat?
The lucky winner and their guest will also be treated to a fantastic three-course dinner at the hotel's restaurant. With a strong emphasis on quality and local ingredients, the menu features produce sourced within a 20-mile radius of the hotel. The seasonal cooking is served in a relaxed atmosphere and you can expect to see dishes like pig's cheek with celeriac, fillet of beef with fondant potato and pear and almond tart on the menu.
The plentiful breakfast menu has several eye-catching options to fill you up for the day as well, including cereal, pastries and yogurt as well as cooked breakfasts, like full English, featuring bacon and sausage produced locally in the Wye Valley.
What to see and do
Right in the heart of Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley, the Tudor Farmhouse is in an ideal location to make the most of the Great Outdoors.
There are options to explore the ancient woodland by joining local experts on foraging trips or teaming up with naturalist Ed Drewitt for a wildlife safari, spotting deer, foxes, wild boar and hedgehogs, among others.
Those after more active breaks can hire mountain bikes or kayaks, while more calming activities, like flower arranging and other craft experiences, can be enjoyed in the hotel's garden room. Some craft activities also include afternoon tea.
Enter the competition here
Simply fill out this form and click done to submit your entry – or click here if you're unable to see the form.
Competition closes 23:59 BST on 18 April 2021.
Terms & conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to residents of the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter and Tudor Farmhouse Hotel and their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by 23:59 BST on 18 April 2021. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. To enter fill out the form on this page.
6. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw, which will take place by 25 April 2021. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
7. The prize includes a two-night stay in Cockerel Room or Suite at Tudor Farmhouse valid for check-in from Sunday to Thursday night to be taken before 23 December 2021 (subject to availability) for two adults (valued at £678) with two breakfasts and one three-course dinner from the main menu at the hotel's restaurant (excluding drinks). The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter. Bookings are subject to availability. The prize does not include travel to Tudor Farmhouse or the cost of any visas. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Other than as specified, the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as a result of accepting this prize.
8. It is the responsibility of the winner to ensure they have adequate travel insurance.
9. In line with current COVID-19 restrictions, stays can be taken after 17 May (subject to government regulations). The winner must not travel if they have any coronavirus symptoms, see the NHS for more details.
10. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be notified via email by 9 May 2021. The winner must claim their prize within 14 days of being notified by the Promoter and must respond to the notification email with their postal address, email, and telephone phone number. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
12. The Promoter will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the prize draw, unless otherwise stated in the entry form. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
14. By entering this prize draw each entrant confirms that his/her entry is their wholly-owned creation and to the extent that such entry makes use of any third-party materials that these have been fully cleared unless they are no longer protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights. Entrants will keep the Promoter harmless from any claims in relation to their entry that the entry infringes the personal or proprietary right of any other person. By submitting an entry, each entrant grants to the Promoter and Tudor Farmhouse Hotel a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence use, broadcast, publish and otherwise use the entrant’s name and statements regarding this prize draw for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any and all media now or hereafter devised worldwide in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
15. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
16. By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The Promoter is Love Incorporated, 36 Featherstone Street, London, EC1Y 8AE.
18. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Main image: Tudor Farmhouse
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature