Could you be the editor we're looking for?
Love Inc is looking for an accomplished Editor to lead the award-winning and successful travel website loveEXPLORING.com.
It’s a fantastic opportunity for an experienced travel editor who is confident handling a range of content that includes compelling news-led stories, insightful photo gallery-style features, destination guides and interviews. Our content has a global outlook with a particular focus on the US.
The role will be predominately home-based, although occasional travel to London and to attend networking events is required.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the travel industry, preferably including cruise;
- At least four years’ experience in a senior editorial role on a digital publication, national newspaper, magazine or similar;
- A wide-ranging contacts book covering both freelance journalists and travel PRs;
- An excellent news instinct and understanding of current affairs and popular culture;
- A proven track-record of leading and line-managing both staff members and freelancers;
- The ability to rework and reshape existing content to deliver features that drive both traffic and engagement;
- Experience working with data and analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Excel (training can be given) to guide decision-making;
- Knowledge of current media legislation including libel and copyright law;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an appropriate timeframe;
- A self-starting, motivated attitude;
- Ability to work in a busy and challenging environment.
The role will require you to perform the following tasks:
- Editorial planning on a daily, monthly and weekly basis, plus longer-term site strategy;
- Researching and writing briefs and commissioning writers;
- Fact-checking, grammar and spell-checking content for publication, including features syndicated to our partners globally;
- Sourcing new ideas;
- Leading a team of staff editors and writers, plus freelance contributors;
- Representing loveEXPLORING.com at industry events as required;
- Overseeing social media across multiple platforms, plus weekly newsletters;
- Statistical reporting on performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience plus a discretionary performance-based bonus scheme and excellent benefits.
loveEXPLORING.com is part of Love Inc, a fast-growing UK-based digital lifestyle publishing company with a global focus.
Love Inc is an equal opportunities employer. We value and respect all differences (seen and unseen) in all people. We aspire to deliver inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve. We encourage applications from diverse backgrounds.
How to apply
Please include a detailed cover letter telling us why you think you are a good fit for the role of Editor at loveEXPLORING.com.
Please also send three ideas for stories that you believe would be attractive to loveEXPLORING.com readers around the world, not just in the UK, complete with both an SEO headline and an eye-catching site-level headline, a short summary of the idea and why it would be successful. These can be included at the bottom of your cover letter.
Your application must also include an up-to-date CV and your salary expectations. Applications without all of the above elements will not be considered.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is 31 January 2022
Main image: debrova/Shutterstock
Be the first to comment
Do you want to comment on this article? You need to be signed in for this feature